cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

12.0.1.0 installation with LDAP v3 compliant OpenDJ

gprajeesh77
13-Aquamarine

12.0.1.0 installation with LDAP v3 compliant OpenDJ

Hi All,

As you are aware that in 12.0.1.0, Windchill DS is removed from the technology stack and only user information is stored in Active Directory or LDAP v3 compliant LDAP Server

PTC didn't give any preparation document for LDAP v3 compliant LDAP Server for Windchill

If any one of you tried, Please let me know your experience

I would like to know whether you have to do any configuration once you install the LDAP server before you install windchill

Best Regards

Prajeesh Kumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I resolved the issue and I am able to install windchill sandbox with OpenDJ as LDAP Server for user management. You have to install OpenDJ and create atleast one organization and organization unit and then specify that while doing the installation

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:gprajeesh77)

I actually missed this, probably because during the original 12.0.0.0 installation I had followed the recommendation in CS326880 to use the 11.2.1.0 version.  Updating later on to 12.0.1.0 didn't complain about continuing to use this version...

TomU_0-1610576746164.png

For others who also missed this, here's a TS article talking about what to do going forward:  CS335692

gprajeesh77
13-Aquamarine
(To:TomU)

Hi,

I am installing a new instance of 12.0.1.0 for sanbox  purpose

I have installed the local LDAP v3 complaint server OPENDJ. While Running the PSI, we need to give the the Distingushed Base Name for users .

I have created a base DN o=ptc and created an organization unit ou=people

I gave the Distinushed base Name for users value as ou=people,o=ptc

I need to confirm whether this value is correct for installation

Hi,

I resolved the issue and I am able to install windchill sandbox with OpenDJ as LDAP Server for user management. You have to install OpenDJ and create atleast one organization and organization unit and then specify that while doing the installation

I'm struggling to get the LDAP settings correct in PSI.

What values did you put in for: Base Distinguished Name for LDAP Users?

aacciano3
13-Aquamarine
(To:CL_9348817)

It depends what you have created in OpenDJ, in my case would be:

ou=people,cn=AdministrativeLdap,cn=Windchill_12.0,o=ptc

aacciano3_0-1619144635435.png

Top Tags