cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

APE publishing failure with trusted host setup

MP_10683169
4-Participant

APE publishing failure with trusted host setup

Hi 🙂

APE publishing failure with trusted host setup.

I am facing issue with APE publishing which keeps failing on with Below error.

ERROR IN JOB LOG:

[A30500] CMS exception: general failure
Invalid login credentials for user wcadmin

While publishing APE job I could see there is error entry printed in the APACHE error log each time for authentication "AH01617: user wcadmin: authentication failure for "/Windchill/servlet/WindchillAuthGW/wt.httpgw.HTTPServer/ping/": Password Mismatch". But the other jobs (CREO, CATIA, SIS....)  get published successfully.

The weird thing is after sometime the issue will get resolved by itself and APE jobs will publishing successfully and issue again appearing after few days:(

Can anyone help me understand why this authentication is failing even when the setup is correct?.

3 REPLIES 3

Articles:

MP_10683169
4-Participant
(To:VladimirN)

Hi @VladimirN 

Thanks for the reply 🙂

I went through both article and verified with the configuration we have. It is same as mentioned in the article for trusted host but still I face issue with APE publishing.

I could still see there is error entry printed in the APACHE error log each time for authentication "AH01617: user wcadmin: authentication failure for "/Windchill/servlet/WindchillAuthGW/wt.httpgw.HTTPServer/ping/": Password Mismatch". while APE publishing.

Observed the below behavior:

1. Removed the APACHE TOMCAT "cache" in APE server connected to Windchill system and suddenly APE jobs published successfully

2.After few days again the jobs failed with "Invalid login credentials for user wcadmin"

3.Again cleaned the APACHE TOMCAT cache but this time the issue was not resolved and performed a clean restart of both Windchill and APE, Then the issue got resolved APE jobs published successfully.

4. Then again a week later the problem arises again.

So the occurrence of the issue is unstable and each time with different solution the problem is fixed. @VladimirN  please share if you have any point on this?

Top Tags