cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

API getting started from zero

Fabrizio
3-Visitor

API getting started from zero

I'm new to this forum and looking for information on how to get started with the Windchill API. It is very difficult for me to get started. A few words in advance: I have been working as a designer with Inventor since 2008 and started programming Inventor at that time. Meanwhile I have also developed and released some Inventor apps. With VB.NET and VBA I know my way around.

My previous searches didn't give me a clue where to start. Which references do I have to set and is there somewhere a reasonable manual with an example. I checked the eSupport and found a lot of documents, but nothing that really helps at my actual point of skills. I’m not a Windchill administrator, only a user with some basic knowledge.

Now to my request. I want to check from an Inventor add in whether a file is checked out in the workspace or not.

What is the workflow and required tools to achieve the need information? Is there an API object tree to get an overview?

I’m quite sure this are only a few lines of code to the job but I don’t know how to start. I work with Workgroup Manager 11.0-M030

I am grateful for any hint.

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags