cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

ARAS PLM

jbailey
17-Peridot

ARAS PLM

Anyone here looked at migrating off of Windchill to other PLM tools such as ARAS?

If so, what were some of the struggles you ran into on the Windchill side?  Level of Effortt?

...Asking for a friend...

6 REPLIES 6

I would also be interested to know.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:jbailey)

The biggest issue is compatibility and timing of new releases.

Hi

what I would be interested in is Why the h*** do you want to migrate Windchill to ARAS ?

Do you manage CAD?

What is your business case to do such thing ?

If your company has been acquired by another one much bigger and they have ARAS, well I could eventually understand that but otherwise, I struggle.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ChrisPLM)

I know 2 companies that have switched CAD systems but retained their PDM systems.

One company went from Unigraphics/Teamcenter to Pro/Engineer/Teamcenter.

The other company went from Unigraphics/no PDM to Pro/Engineer/Windchill to CATIA/Windchill.

In both cases it was driven by a change in company ownership.

jbailey
17-Peridot

I think that every organization should take a look at the tools they use on a regular basis and ensure they are receiving proper value for the tool they are using.

If you always say "Well we can't live without this tool" then you never have a chance to ensure you are using the right tool for the job.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Keeping abreast of what the industry is doing is important.

While looking to see what is out there and what your current system is lacking is good, the cost of switching will usually far outweigh any benefit gained. The software vendors are always playing leap frog to keep up/get ahead. What yours is lacking today, may be leading edge in the next release.

There is a greater cost in training and productivity loss than the cost of the software itself!

Top Tags