cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Ability to Collect AML/AVL parts in Collector

abhijith_
6-Contributor

Ability to Collect AML/AVL parts in Collector

I am using Windchill 11.1 CPS 25

We noted that there is no default setting/option to collect related SUMA parts from an OEM part on any of the OOTB collector (available on Promotion Request/Change Objects).

The idea was that the OEM part & SUMA part would go through said Promotion & ECN together.

There is an ability to add those SUMA parts Ad-Hoc (+ button or through the search field below the tables); this assumes the person creating the Promotion/Change is aware of the associated SUMA objects.

How are you/your organization circumventing this problem ?

(Also, if I have overlooked any configuration do let me know)

1 REPLY 1
avillanueva
22-Sapphire II
(To:abhijith_)

Since most all users in my system are prevented from interacting with SUMA parts (Search, BOMS, etc), this is not our requirement. The SUMA administrator managed these parts manually.  If you did want to add these to change objects for release, you have to make sure users are trained on what these are and how to handle them. This might also clutter change object tables since this adds more objects.  It might be easier to add these object via a workflow task since rules seem pretty simple to add them if the exist, following the OEM part.

Top Tags