cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Ability to associate Review Object to Change Task

slapha
15-Moonstone

Ability to associate Review Object to Change Task

Is there an ability, configuration or simple customization, to associate a Review Object (Design Review/Peer Review) to a Change Task?

Currently there is no Associated or Reference Process Object table on a Change Task. A similar question could be posed for Problem Reports associated to Change Tasks. We often break down our design into CT chunks, releasing at the CT level, and are looking to associate this information to better link the data at the lowest level instead of at the Change Notice/Change Request level. Right now we're just looking for linking, not closure hierarchy or workflow trickery (yet).

One would think the Role A/Role B Change Association rules could be configured to allow for this, then the table added on the change task for visibility, though not sure if the system will allow for that functionality.

Any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7
slapha
15-Moonstone
(To:slapha)

@JeffZemskyor @jfelkins, any thoughts?

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hello @slapha ,

I would try to use Configurable links. 

Configurable Links Help

HelesicPetr_0-1646640477654.png

I've never did it but this links could be used. 

You can set what type objects you want to link together. 

OOTB all type objects are not available, but it is configurable in xml file.

Hope this hint can help.

Best Regards

PetrH

rhart
14-Alexandrite

Change Tasks can only exist in a Change Notice.

You can create a Change Association Rule between Review and Change Notice, then you can link Change Tasks to Reviews via Change Notice.

Review - > Change Notice - > Change Tasks

change association.png

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:rhart)

Hi @rhart 

I was thinking to advice this solution, but I found the requirement that one Task should have one Review or more. 

With your solution there could be good idea to use one Notice for just one Task, then your idea is acceptable from my point of view.

Best regards

PetrH

slapha
15-Moonstone
(To:rhart)

This is how it works today OOTB. Though if your review is based on the Change Task, not the Change Notice there is a disconnect.

I'll admit this is a bit of "how we do business" not how PTC has set up things OOTB.

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @slapha 

That's a point If something does not work OOTB(means configurable) as you wish then you have to customize it. 

PetrH

I have a theory question. Wouldn't it be better to have the review linked to the CN instead of a CT? I guess it depends how you organize a CN. If you split the work for a WTPart which has a MCAD and ECAD document attached, then the work is done in two different CT. One for a mechanical engineer and one for an electrical. A review wouldn't make sense for just a CT, or? 

Wouldn't it make sense to connect the CN together and run a Review for each CN? Also the possibility to connect a Problem Report to a CT is questionable to me.

I rather would have the possibility to create an "easy" CN e.g. with an included CT so we don't need to navigate between CT and CN. If you are on the info page of the CT you see all the information from the CN and vice versa.

@slapha perhaps you can explain that a little more. At the moment I don't understand your use-case.

Top Tags