cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Access Policy when "All" is selected for State does not recognize "custome" Stat

kpritchard
4-Participant

Access Policy when "All" is selected for State does not recognize "custome" Stat

Hi All,

There are a number of access policies that were set at time of implementation (presumeably OOTB) that use an "All" selection for State applicability (Revise for example). Having created a number of custom States via EnumCustomize... (makings jar and clearing (Tomcat work) cache as well) the newly created States do not appear tobe included in the "All" States scope.

I have tried recreating the "All" Stated permission, but it dooes not seem to fix the problem.

Am I missing something?There has to be a way to get the system to recalculate what "All" means rather than needing to reset ACL's in all contexts. Anyone else run into this?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3

I would ensure the applicable object has the "All" state set. I.E. EPMDocument - All - Teammembers

[cid:image001.gif@01CBC464.6B54BBC0]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

Hello ,

Pls find the solution suggested below,

Assume , youare defining ACL forWTPart Object -> Part1.Delete all existing ACL defined in say, Product or Library container for Part1.Define for the first state or ALLfor the Part1 and test.It will work.

Ensure that ,if Part1 is created in Product and moved to Lib.You have to define Create forProduct and the required ACL's in Library container.

Regards,

Sriram

RussPratt
5-Regular Member
(To:kpritchard)

Depending upon the issue you are having, you may need to check the Lifecycle State Transitions set for the LC Template you are using. For example, if you want to Revise from you custom state, that LC will need to have the appropriate Revise transitions set.

Russ

Top Tags