cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Access and permissions

Markh74
8-Gravel

Access and permissions

Good day

I am new to Windchill and I have the following question.

If I login as wcadmin then I am able to create a new part, set the attributes etc.

If I login as a user then that option is not available.

What permissions do I need to set to allow that user or users access to create a part.

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jbailey
17-Peridot
(To:Srikanth1)

Windchill Advanced or Windchill Premium are the licenses required to create wtparts

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi!

This might be a good place to get started: https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.1.1.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/policyadmin/PolicyAdminPermissionAbout.html

At a high level, you would have Roles in a Context (i.e. Product or Library). Assign users to the appropriate Roles.

You define Access Control Lists (ACLs) for the Roles across the different Contexts. See: https://support.ptc.com/help/wnc/r12.1.1.0/en/index.html#page/Windchill_Help_Center/accesscontrol_chp/AccessControlChp_HowACLsWork.html

The user should get the access granted by the Role in the Context. So, if they are in a Role that is configured to allow creating parts, they should be able to do so.

Hope that helps!

Srikanth1
12-Amethyst
(To:Markh74)

Adding to Joe's response:
Please note you have to consider assigning appropriate/role-complimenting user license to enable the capabilities in UI. Refer Site--Utilities--License Management for more details. They have the license and capability mapping on the information pages of each license. 

User licensing is introduced from 11.1. If you are working on earlier versions, dont have to worry about it and just check the container team setup and ACLs.

jbailey
17-Peridot
(To:Srikanth1)

Windchill Advanced or Windchill Premium are the licenses required to create wtparts

Top Tags