cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Access error. Can't create Review from Actions - New - New Review

Zoltán
11-Garnet

Access error. Can't create Review from Actions - New - New Review

Hi all,

I'm still new to causing mayhem in PDMLink, but....

I wanted to test the Design Review feature on an item (WTPart for example), and it all works fine as admin, but as a Regular Joe with decent access in a Product, I get an access error.

I've checked the ACL, it's set up OoTB (see attached pic). AFAIK, no good help to be found from PTC pages such as this one.

Note, Windchill is v. 12.0.2 over here, not 12.1., if that's possibly relevant as it may be according to CS340005..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Fadel and @HelesicPetr , huge thanks for your help and input, it enabled me to solve this. Looking at a Design Review in Open state (not submitted) showed only Product Manager role has full access, Team Members only have Read and Download (which I should've known already).
For reference and for others possibly in the same situation, I created a guide to solve this, depending on which solution is preferred.

(Any input on either solution 1 or 2 in the attached document is welcome.)

A tip of the hat to @ScottMorris for this pdf-document here.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:Zoltán)

login as normal user and  go to info page of an existing review object , click on action > Edit access control and look  for your effective permission             

you can also enable wt.access.evaluation.report to debug to get more info in log 

Fede
Zoltán
11-Garnet
(To:Fadel)

That looks as should... Full control. Access Rules look less though. 

I'll look at wt.access.evaluation.report, thanks.

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

you may share the logs here, will review it

Fede
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I

Hi @Zoltán 

You need to check the ACL rules on the Open state. 

The full control comes from a life cycle so it can be just for the refiew state.

Also check the profile settings if the user has the option to create the review in the profile. Basic setting is done fromt the licence group

PetrH 

@Fadel and @HelesicPetr , huge thanks for your help and input, it enabled me to solve this. Looking at a Design Review in Open state (not submitted) showed only Product Manager role has full access, Team Members only have Read and Download (which I should've known already).
For reference and for others possibly in the same situation, I created a guide to solve this, depending on which solution is preferred.

(Any input on either solution 1 or 2 in the attached document is welcome.)

A tip of the hat to @ScottMorris for this pdf-document here.

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

Thaks @Zoltán  for the info , if the issue is solved, kindly mark this thread as resolved 

Fede
Top Tags