cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Access in workflow

AntonBagryanov
3-Visitor

Access in workflow

Hi!

How to extend user's permissions to the target objects in the workflow? For example, in the current product context user have no permission for modifying documents. But in the change activity workflow user on role assignee should modify some documents.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I solved it. In the lifecycle template you should mark it as the Advanced. Then

1. Select the lifecycle state you want to extend

2. On the Roles tab add the role you need to give permissions

3. On the Access Control tab select this role and add all permissions you need

4. On the Workflow tab in the Phase Process select the WF you need

4. Save template and reassign the lifecycle template for all documents you need to move by WF

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I have set specific permissions to the assignee role. When assigne activity is going on, the user with the assignee role (that defined in the workflow team) doesn't have specific permissions. But when I add user on the assignee role in the context team - he have that permissions.

Which settings I should make?

Thanks!

I solved it. In the lifecycle template you should mark it as the Advanced. Then

1. Select the lifecycle state you want to extend

2. On the Roles tab add the role you need to give permissions

3. On the Access Control tab select this role and add all permissions you need

4. On the Workflow tab in the Phase Process select the WF you need

4. Save template and reassign the lifecycle template for all documents you need to move by WF

Hi Anton,

You may set the permission from the policy administration to specific Role.You must know which life cycle state your object would have when the task goes assigned user/role, based on this you can provide modify access to that role.

Anton, In your example, are the Documents going through the workflow?  I need something similar but I need to modify the permissions on the resulting objects of a CN task.

Top Tags