cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Access permission in ProjectLink

cc-2
6-Contributor

Access permission in ProjectLink

Hello

I have been trying all sort with the administrative Domain window to try to control the access permissions.

I thought it would be as easy as in PDMLink but I don't seem to get it right.

I want for all MEMBERS to restrict their access permissions according to the life cycle state.

For instance: In Work, they have read, download, modify

but once the data is at Released, they can only read and download.

Whatever I try (either using MEMBERS or TEAM MEMBERS) the users can still modify the released object.

Are there some other way to control it or is it simply impossible in ProjectLink ?

Thank you in anticipation for any help

Best Regards

NacNac

1 REPLY 1
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:cc-2)

Here are 2 emails I have received

The keys are to:

1. Go to Folders, select Edit, Manage Security (for the root /Default Folder) and take away what needs to be removed globally for the project – propagate to subfolders if any exist

2. Go to Team, select Members by Role, then Configure Actions for Roles.

3. For any document, select manage security and the Key icon per Role / Group / user, to troubleshoot from where user permissions are applied. Each will either say “Policy” or “Access Control.” Note whether any unwanted permissions are inherited from Org/Project in the Policy Administrator and remove those.

4. Watch out for ACL’s that include “TeamMembers” which includes all Roles in the Project other than Guest / Manager. Test by removing ALL of these ACL’s, then cautiously adding back in.

Look closely at the permissions applied to the Project via the Policy Administrator that result from creating a Project from various Templates. Update Project templates once changes to Policies have been made.

Also, look at whether the Project is Private or not (Access Group = Project members only or Default). If Default, note its position in Policy Administrator. We decided to create all Projects as Private to avoid a lot of inheritance headaches.

As always, user permissions are the absolute best puzzle in the system.

and the second one

You can do it by choosing the project under admin domain on a specific project. Or you can give it on project link domain.

Thanks Loki and Mike. Hope more will come.

I still struggle to implement something similar than in PDMLink. ie that depending on the state the permissions change.

Thanks

Top Tags