cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Accessing 3D Pro/Process sequences in Creo View

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I

Accessing 3D Pro/Process sequences in Creo View

Just FYI to any who may be interested.

BACKGROUND

We have been using Pro/Process (within Pro/E) for 10+ years, in order to prepare assembly instructions. In general, the 3D sequences allow for creating drawings with assembly sequences, explode lines, etc. clearly shown. For some areas, including especially cabling, we invest huge effort in making the 3D model sequence very complete, and intend for it to be used directly, rather than a drawing. We have used PTC's recommended best practices, etc. on this all along, and it has become key to doing business.

In the past several years, additional / alternate tools have become available for this type of thing, including especially MPMLink, and now Creo Illustrate - and we will likely move to one or more of these going forward. But - We have 10+ years of existing released data.

We are still using Windchill 9.1 and ProductView standard to access published 3D sequences (using ProductView's Composer module).

SO, WHAT IS THE NEWS?

We were pleased to see this week that as of Windchill 10.1 M010, and Creo View 2, Creo View can now access these 3D sequences. This removes the primary constraint for us upgrading to 10.1.

Thank you PTC

4 REPLIES 4

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the information.

I started using pro/process (WF5). Found that it is a very useful tool to show the assembly process.

You mentioned that you were able to access the 3d sequences on Creo View. I could not find a way to see the sequences on Creo View 2. Do we need a special setup or license to see the sequences on Creo View?

Thanks in advance.

Amarnath

Amarnath,

I work for Mike and he asked me to respond to your question.

No special setup or license to see the sequences on Creo View is required.

This capability will be in Creo View 2 M030, we have tested a Beta version of this release and it has all the Pro/Process functions that are available to us in PV 9 Standard.

Bill

Thanks, Mike and William.

Your answer helped me to convince my Manager to continue using Pro/Process in my work. With Creo View the plant can access the 3d sequences without the heavy Pro/E data/license.

Regards,

Amarnath

Hi,

Were you ever able to actually access Pro/Process in Creo View?  I can't seem to do so.  Was there anything special you had to do?

Top Tags