cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Action Filter based on WTGroup

hsha1102
10-Marble

Action Filter based on WTGroup

Hello,

I want to introduce a filter for an action which should restrict a certain set of users.

The solution I thought was to associate the set of users to a group, created under Organization context, and the filter will validate if the current user belongs to the said group and if so the action will be hidden.

I used the below mentioned API to find the group based on the user but it is not giving me any output i.e. enumeration is empty

Enumeration enumeration = OrganizationServicesHelper.manager.parentGroups(validationCriteria.getUser().getPrincipal(),false);

Please provide an alternative way or an API I can implement.

Thanks and Regards,

Hari R

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I'm sorry, I sent you the code for Site WTGroups and not for the organisation.

WTOrganization org = OrganizationHelper.getOrganizationByName("<ORGANISATION_NAME>");

OrgContainer orgContainer = WTContainerHelper.service.getOrgContainer(org);
    PrincipalSpec principalSpec = new PrincipalSpec(WTContainerRef.newWTContainerRef(orgContainer), WTGroup.class);
    principalSpec.setPerformLookup(false);
    principalSpec.setIncludeAllServices(true);
    DirectoryContextProvider[] directoryContextProviders = WTContainerHelper.service.getPublicContextProviders(principalSpec);

WTGroup foundGroup = OrganizationServicesHelper.manager.getGroup("<GROUP_NAME>", directoryContextProviders[0]);
    log.debug("foundGroup = {}", foundGroup);

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

DirectoryContextProvider contextProvider = WTContainerHelper.service
        .getExchangeContainer().getContextProvider();
WTGroup group = OrganizationServicesHelper.manager.getGroup(<GROUPENAME>, contextProvider);

Hello @BjoernRueegg ,

Thank you for the response.

But the API that you have provided is not working, group is coming as null.

Is there any other way to get the group from Org context ?

Regards,

Hari R

Hello @BjoernRueegg ,

I found a solution to get the group from one of your comments in the below mentioned article. 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/Windchill/How-to-get-the-group-names-of-the-user-who-has-logged-in-Need-to/td-p/33441

The only change I did is to iterate the enumeration and the filter is working now. Thanks for the response.

Regards,

Hari R

I'm sorry, I sent you the code for Site WTGroups and not for the organisation.

WTOrganization org = OrganizationHelper.getOrganizationByName("<ORGANISATION_NAME>");

OrgContainer orgContainer = WTContainerHelper.service.getOrgContainer(org);
    PrincipalSpec principalSpec = new PrincipalSpec(WTContainerRef.newWTContainerRef(orgContainer), WTGroup.class);
    principalSpec.setPerformLookup(false);
    principalSpec.setIncludeAllServices(true);
    DirectoryContextProvider[] directoryContextProviders = WTContainerHelper.service.getPublicContextProviders(principalSpec);

WTGroup foundGroup = OrganizationServicesHelper.manager.getGroup("<GROUP_NAME>", directoryContextProviders[0]);
    log.debug("foundGroup = {}", foundGroup);
smcvr
14-Alexandrite
(To:BjoernRueegg)

how do we do this in expression i get this error

WfExpression_11.java:76: error: cannot find symbol
wt.org.WTGroup wgroup = OrganizationServicesHelper.getOrganizationByName("<YONETICI-TEST>");
^
symbol: variable OrganizationServicesHelper
Note: WfExpression_11.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
1 error
1 warning

HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II
(To:smcvr)

Hi @smcvr 

The error tells you that something is missing. 

You should use some IDE to create a code. (NetBeans, Eclipse, InteliJ) You could have found that you use wrong helper

the class OrganizationServicesHelper do not contains method getOrganizationByName

the method you used exists just in>

OrganizationHelper.getOrganizationByName(organizationName);

PetrH

Why don't you just use Profiles?

You can make a Profile in Windchill that restricts the actions you want, then assign users to that Profile. No coding required.

Hello @joe_morton ,

Since I am trying to hide a custom action, it was not visible in Profiles page. Hence I chose to introduce filter for the action.

Thanks and Regards,

Hari R

Top Tags