cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Activate Upstream collection equivalent part for set state

AN_9350055
9-Granite

Activate Upstream collection equivalent part for set state

Hi

This is my first post on this forum, thanks for any help!

For changing a part in an subassembly in an assembly I am using the set state function from "released" to "in work" and this is working well. However, for the collector I would like to collect all affected assemblies "upstream" and use set state on these as well in the same operation.

I have a button named "collect upstream equivalent part", but it seems locked by a setting and nothing happens when I click this button. Is the function of this button according to wanted solution? Where do I activate this button?

This option should only be valid for administrator and should be set under "my preferences" then logged in as admininstrator?

BR Arild

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @AN_9350055 

To understand why this collect button does not work from your point of view is that this works for Manufacturing WTPart which is connected to Design WTPart by Equivalence link. 

So generally it is a MPMLink collecting function.

Hope this explanation can help.

PetrH

PetrH

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:AN_9350055)

Hi, BR Arild,

I believe that icon is for WTParts.  These are different in the Windchill system than 3D CAD assemblies.  I assume you are not using WTParts?

STEVEG_1-1652961426015.png

Hi STEVEG

Thanks for your answer!

We use wtparts and have auto associtation during checkin. Is the function of the collect upstream under WTParts?

Please see the attachment. I would like to be able to collect all the parents from the part called AB80-1000M47 during set state. How can I collect these parts?

Nothing happens when clicking the upstream collection button.

Best Regards Arild

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:AN_9350055)

Unfortunately, we do not use WTParts yet so I am not the one to ask.  I know basics as we have only started getting our feet wet on the subject.

Hi @AN_9350055 

To understand why this collect button does not work from your point of view is that this works for Manufacturing WTPart which is connected to Design WTPart by Equivalence link. 

So generally it is a MPMLink collecting function.

Hope this explanation can help.

PetrH

PetrH

Hi PetrH

Thanks for your response and explanation. We use PDM Link and not MPM Link, so this makes sense.

But is the functionality with editing all parents during revise or set state avialable?

If I revise a part located at level 4 (3 subassemblies) in an assembly, can I collect all parents during the revise/set state process?

Is there a "common" method to do this? If i don't check out the parents they will need to update the next time I open one of the assemblies.

BR Arild

Hi @AN_9350055 

Only if you use the WTParts with CAD Documents then you can use a collector : Collect Parent if you revise WTPart. for CAD it does not work. (No part of functionality) 

HelesicPetr_0-1654685469258.png

The Set state table do not contains that collector.

PetrH

Hi HelesicPetr

Thanks for clarifications.

We use WTParts with our CAD Documents, but I am not able to find this collector. At my attached screenshot I am revising a WT Part that has parents, but its missing. Does it have to be activated on some setting?

BR Arild

Hi @AN_9350055 

I guess that the collector is available only if a MPMLink module is installed. 

I'm not sure now.

PetrH

To unlock a preference you need to log into Windchill with the site administrator user, then right-click on it and finally uncheck it as shown in the image.

Marco_Tosin_0-1654612716895.png

Marco
Top Tags