cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Ad Hoc Activities??

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone

Ad Hoc Activities??

Ooohhh the frustration... can anyone with a dictionary "PTC - plain English - PTC" explain me what this is about...

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS183904

What I'd want it to be and what it looks like in the pic in that CS is a truly Ad Hoc Task you can assign to anyone without relation to any process. Ie. not a Change Notice Task, Approve Promotion Task, just a random task to notify someone "Hey I want you to take a look at this and assigned you a Task so you see it in Windchill instead of sending you email about it."

If so, how would a user trigger it?

5 REPLIES 5
JHall
16-Pearl
(To:HJ1)

That is quite odd.  Not certain what purpose it would be for?  The Peer Review and Design Review are sort of like what you said, wanting someone to just look at something...curious..

James

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:JHall)

Admitted, somewhat odd, but every now and then users have come up with that idea. Something else to communicate with than another email about matters clearly related to content in Windchill.

But. Wait a sec. Peer review? Design review? Now that you mention I find in help center

"

Creating a Design Review
To create a design review in Windchill, do the following:
1. On the page for a part, select Actions > New > New Review.
2. From the Type list, select Design Review or Peer Review."

There's no "New Review" available in my Windchill 11.0 M030 CPS11 nor has there been in the previous 10.2.

And now that I'm searching while writing this I find:
"Unable to create design review after upgrade from Windchill 10.2 M030 to 11.0 M030"

Oh well... just another one of these  😄

However, coming back to the original,
to me the screen shots in CS183904 suggest it is possible to have a 'random task'..?

fklink
9-Granite

I would use Actions for that.

You can relate them to almost any object in Windchill and they are not thight to any process.

Just create the and assign them to a team member. That's it.

You can report on them, track deadlines, ...

HJ1
15-Moonstone
15-Moonstone
(To:fklink)

"Actions"?

What is such an Action that is not tied to any process? How do you exactly create one, where to click?

fklink
9-Granite

You must add a new tab and customize it.

Related Obects > Action Items.

Please try first with an orgadmin since I think that by default regular users have no rights to create them.

This can be solved by adding the necessary ACL in the Policy Administration

When the new Tab is created you get menus to manage Action Items

Capture.PNG

Top Tags