cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Add Attribute to CAD Documents

cying
10-Marble

Add Attribute to CAD Documents

Is there a way I can add the attribute into our start model without having to do it in Workspace?

I.e., We have to assign a CAD TYPE attribute to our CAD Documents.

The CAD type attribute is currently done in the WORKSPACE. Once the attribute is added I can see that it created a parameter INST_CAD_TYPE in my model. I tried to add the same parameter in my CAD model and even designated. But it won't show up in my WORKSPACE.

Is this a Windchill task only?

1 REPLY 1
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:cying)

Are you sure that you have attribute mapping set up correctly? As long as the mapping is set up and the parameter exists in the Creo start part, it should populate the Windchill IBA upon upload of the CAD Document in the workspace.

Please refer to the the "About Attribute Mapping" Windchill Help Center topic for more information:

http://support.ptc.com/cs/help/windchill_hc/wc102_hc/index.jspx?id=TypeMgrAttributeMapAbout&action=show

Or the "Mapping Creo Parametric Parameters to Windchill Attributes" section in the Using Creo Parametric with Windchill Guide

Top Tags