cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Add Custom datastore or Combined search

MaSc
4-Participant

Add Custom datastore or Combined search

Hello,

I have a own Database system which I want to integrate into Windchill (11.0 F000) Search.

Can somebody point me to a HowTo or give me an example how to add a custom datastore to the searchable objects in Windchill search?

In the Advanced Search I want to add a own Datatype (lets Say XYZItem) If that Item is selected an additional search call to my database System should be fired and I want to add the result that I get from my system to the Windchill search result.

If it's not possible to do it like that, it would also be nice to know how to create a custom search tab to integrate a search in only my system into Windchill.

Thank you,

Martin

2 REPLIES 2
dharlan-2
4-Participant
(To:MaSc)

I don't know 😞 But since you haven't gotten any suggestions I will add suggest a possibility.

Have you looked at PTC Navigate? It's capable of doing this, though I do not think it modifies the WC search itself (only the Navigate search). But it might give you some clues or alternatives.

MaSc
4-Participant
(To:dharlan-2)

Ok, then: Have you any hints, tutorials, Code samples how to do this in Navigate?

Top Tags