cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Add soft type to Windchill Rest Services (WRS)

APR
4-Participant
4-Participant

Add soft type to Windchill Rest Services (WRS)

I tried following this Extending Product Management Domain to Add A Soft Type which seems pretty straightforward... however if I put anything there ($WC/codebase/rest/custom/domain/ProdMgmt/v5/entity/), even a completely empty .json file, the Rest Services api page will error and spit out some un-formatted HTML:

500 : <html> <head> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"/> <title>Windchill Error</title> </head> <body> <!-- General purpose Windchill error page, /wtcore/error.jsp --> <h1>Windchill Error</h1> <p style="font-size: large"> Contact your administrator for assistance. Information for their reference follows. </p> <table> <tbody> <tr><td colspan="2"><hr /></td></tr> <tr valign="top"> <th align="right" scope="row">Request Id: </th> <td>4eiigk7l;kvjyingz;15792;zianvk;18726</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <th align="right" scope="row">Request URI: </th> <td>/Windchill/netmarkets/html/wrs/odata-to-swagger.jsp</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <th align="right" scope="row">Query String: </th> <td>v=5&amp;d=ProdMgmt</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <th align="right" scope="row">Status Code: </th> <td>500</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <th align="right" scope="row">Exception: </th> <td> java.lang.NullPointerException </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="2"><hr /></td></tr> </tbody> </table> <p style="font-style: italic; font-size: small">Current Time: 2021-11-04 14:03:43.847 -0400</p> </body> </html> http://thewindchillserverishere/Windchill/netmarkets/html/wrs/swagger.html/../odata-to-swagger.jsp?v=5&d=ProdMgmt

What am I missing?  Like I said the documentation makes it sound like it should be pretty simple but I have no idea what the issue is and the error doesn't seem to tell me what or where the problem is.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
APR
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:APR)

I got it working.  For anyone else who stumbles upon this (or possibly my future self), the issue is that the value of "parent" needs to be PLURAL.  So if your parent is Part, the value needs to be "Parts".  If the parent is ElectricalPart the value needs to be "ElectricalParts".  I find this terribly stupid (and should be at least pointed out in the documentation), but it is what it is.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
APR
4-Participant
4-Participant
(To:APR)

I got it working.  For anyone else who stumbles upon this (or possibly my future self), the issue is that the value of "parent" needs to be PLURAL.  So if your parent is Part, the value needs to be "Parts".  If the parent is ElectricalPart the value needs to be "ElectricalParts".  I find this terribly stupid (and should be at least pointed out in the documentation), but it is what it is.

Top Tags