cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Add the CR title to the notification email.

lgrant
14-Alexandrite

Add the CR title to the notification email.

A common complaint from our users is that they cannot tell what the task is related to when they are sent an Approval task email or an overdue email.

2-22-2018 10-16-29 AM.gif

Anyone know how to add the title of the CR in these notifications?

4 REPLIES 4
Florent
14-Alexandrite
(To:lgrant)

Hello,

I created a workflow variable named "ecrDescription." This is a String variable. At the beginning of the workflow I created an expression robot that contains the following code:

ecrDescription = ((wt.change2.WTChangeRequest2) primaryBusinessObject).getDescription();

You can just as easily use methods like

getName()

or

getNumber()

Next, you can add this information to your email notification robot by entering the workflow variable name surrounded by curly braces like this:

ecrResolved.PNG

In my example this is only shown in the body of the email but it should also work in the subject line. The only downside to this is that you really should use an expression robot before every email notification robot to update your variables. For example, the ECR Description might change between the creation and resolution dates and you don't want to send the outdated information with your email notifications.

STEVEG
21-Topaz I
(To:zsternal-2)

This should be something available out of the box in Windchill!

JHall
16-Pearl
(To:STEVEG)

@STEVEG 
It is astonishing to me, that it is not a standard feature.  Everywhere I've gone folks add this to their tasks.  Oh well, just not a priority for PTC. 

James

Top Tags