cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Adding Custom Coloumn to PDMLink

agalpin
1-Newbie

Adding Custom Coloumn to PDMLink

I have created a simple materials library using the material name (&PTC_material_name) and description (&PTC_material_description). (The description actually contains the unique part number for that particular material compound/colour/supplier etc so is the identifier)

I can call the material name directly into 2d drawings and using relations, call the description.

Our engineers have asked if a column can be added to PDMLink to show the description value? ie a column that represent &PTC_material_description.

This would enable them to identify the material by number (through the description) rather than the name (for example, we may have 50 different types of ABS).

The materials library is stored within a Windchill library and is not local.

Thanks

Adam

Windchill 10.2

Creo 2.0 M120

1 REPLY 1
kpritchard
4-Participant
(To:agalpin)

If I read this correctly you are referring to the use of material files and extracting information from these and making visible in Drawings... and what you've been asked about is further propagating this to be visible in a Windchill column?

Short answer is yes.

In order to make any Creo Parameter visible in Windchill they need to be designated (in Creo Parameters table). You also need to create an equivalent Windchill Attribute. (For reference read up on implicit and explicit attribute mapping) I'm assuming that this information has made it into a Creo Parameter from your material file.

From there update or create Views that display that attribute.

Top Tags