Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Custom Commands for the Action Drop Down Menu

Highlighted

Adding Custom Commands for the Action Drop Down Menu

I am working on a workflow to release Engineering Drawings for the first time. The terminology is ‘Initial Release’. Our drawings are PDF plots of the Pro/Engineer 2D drawing and this is the document we control for revisions. The EPMDocuments (for the time being) are controlled only by check in / check out versions and by future linking to the drawing document. I have created a workflow very similar to the out-of-the-box Change Request Workflow. I don’t need the Fast / Full Track option or the branch into creating a Change Order. Actually, I just want the document to flow to the Change Admin I, if accepted route through an acceptance path, flow to release and have the lifecycle bump up to ‘Released’. I cannot test it using the initiate function as the workflow aborts trying to initialize the LifeCycleException object. I though I would try to run it through using a test document. I would like to add an Action to the drop down menu similar to the ‘Create Change Request’ option. I was hoping I could add via the Preference Administrator as a user command. Help !! Kathy
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

RE: Adding Custom Commands for the Action Drop Down Menu

Hi, Were you able to add the command in the actions drop down ? -- Nitin Nair.
Highlighted

To add a custom command in the Actions drop down

Hi, To add a custom command in the "Actions" drop down menu, put the command entry in the "NavigationAndActions.xml" file located in <Windchill_Home>/codebase/wt/templateutil Put the entry under the object type, for which you want the command to appear. -- Nitin Nair
Highlighted

RE: To add a custom command in the Actions drop down

I'm suprise there is no reference to the NavigationAndActions.xml in the WCCustomizersGuide.pdf (PdmLink9.0). Is there a new way to add actions in drop down list? (*actions.xml and *actionsmodels.xml)
Highlighted

It is very interesting, and work good with main action. But i create custom report for BOM,and I wish to add item to 3level report drop down menu? in context of Part. After I add action and module to corresponding *.xml, nothing to chqnged in windchill interface nothing, though ms and tomcat restart? and cashe cleaner. Windchill 9 M40
Highlighted

To tell you the truth, I've left this action on the back burner. I have a more pressing need to design several 'custom' Promotion Request Workflows. Once I get thoses identified and defined, I'll have my process to add to the drop down menu. And... by that time we should be running PDMLink 9.0; we hope to upgrade by the end of January. Who Hoo! A whole new learning curve I get to go through all by myself. Thanks to all! We will be posting in more often, Kathy
Announcements