cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Adding/Updating Designated Parameters

mszwabowski
13-Aquamarine

Adding/Updating Designated Parameters

My company is using PDM Essentials.  We're on Release 10.2 M020-CPS08.

Is it possible to add/update parameters and designate them without checking out part/assembly files?  If so, how?

3 REPLIES 3
smandel
5-Regular Member
(To:mszwabowski)

I'm definitely not an expert, but I don't believe that you can. I think that the parameters are part of the actual Creo file and can't be changed without being in that file.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:mszwabowski)

Short answer is NO!

You need to customize PDMLink to accept the designated parameters and I'm not sure that is possible in Essentials. If it is, then you need to create the Windchill attribute before you do the Creo parameter and designate it to the Windchill attribute.

The Creo file must be opened in order to update or add a parameter. Interactive or batch doesn't matter, the file needs checked out to be modified.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:BenLoosli)

You can't update them without checking out the objects but you can set the values and designate parameters them without ever opening the objects in Creo.  You just need to check them out and perform an "Edit Attributes" from the workspace.  Any parameter that has been edited this way will automatically appear in the model (be present and designated) the next time the model is opened in Creo.

As the earlier poster mentioned, you do need to define this attributes ahead of time in Windchill...

Top Tags