cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Addition of sequencing to Windchill 10 CN process

4 REPLIES 4

John,

We made the decision to use the same sequencing and logic engine as
Projectlink, rather than having multiple engines for this in PDMLink.
This will also allow us to have more robust sequencing in the future for
changes (such as start to start, finish to start, etc.). However there
is a component of the ProjectLink engine itself that is a licensed
technology - we could not move this to core due to this agreement. As
such we had to require the Projectlink seat for sequencing.

z

Jeff,
Thanks for the prompt response. Just to be clear, are we are talking about a single seat to enable sequencing for the system or a seat for each user of PDMLink?
Thanks,
John

Seeing John's question about Change task sequencing, reminded me of something I've wanted to do with a promotion workflow, but didn't see in the workflow class.
"Change tasks can now be sequenced so that, for example, the manufacturing engineer does not get her task until the design is completed. This feature uses the Windchill ProjectLink sequence engine so it requires a Windchill ProjectLink license."

What I want to do is have the promotion workflow go to the drafting checker first, and if it passes muster with that individual, then it proceeds to the engineering approver.

People have told me this is possible, but no one has yet shown me an example of how to do it.

Anyone have an example they would like to share?

David Haigh

David,

We do this by staging the events and it is pretty simple. I've attached a couple of screeen shots.

Kathy

Announcements

Top Tags