cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Additional Properties Information

ptc-2268933
1-Newbie

Additional Properties Information

I'm looking for more information about the properties listed in Windchill. There are a lot of properties files from the original WC installation (plhelp.properties for example) that are not contained in the /properties.html, Customizers, Sys. ADmin, guides. Where do we get more information about these properties?

Thanks

Bryon Thomas

3 REPLIES 3

On 01/17/13 08:04, Bryon Thomas wrote:
>
> I'm looking for more information about the properties listed in Windchill. There are a lot of
> properties files from the original WC installation (plhelp.properties for example) that are not
> contained in the /properties.html, Customizers, Sys. ADmin, guides. Where do we get more
> information about these properties?
>

Besides wading thru a bazillion pages in multiple pdf's there is a properties.html that is very
useful. In Windchill 9.1 it is in the codebase directory:
codebase/properties.html

> Thanks
>
> Bryon Thomas
>
>
> -----End Original Message-----

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St
PO Box 5060
Salina, KS USA 67401
email: -
Phone: 785-823-3276
Fax: 785-667-2695
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just type in the following and it will pull up this property information in a decent web format that gives you a lot of great info.

/Windchill/properties.html">http://<myserver>/Windchill/properties.html

[cid:image001.gif@01CDF496.20D84AD0]

Steve Vinyard
Application Engineer

Thanks, but I think the question was being missed. There are a lot of properties that are not contained in the /properties.html, which I can access through the browser. I'm trying to find out what some of those settings mean, why they were made overridable, etc. plhelp.properties is a good example, because it is not found in the properties.html, and the properties inside it that reference default locations don't exist in the windchill directory (such as /online/pdm_collaboration/CollabLinkInforef.html). <-- This html file does not exist in the windchill directory on my server. The property name for this property default is bookmark.view.

I'm trying to figure out what settings PTC changed in our system as I prep for my upgrade to 10.1 from 9.1 pdmlink. Thanks

Top Tags