cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Additional license requirement for new organisation creation.

vinithkumar
1-Newbie

Additional license requirement for new organisation creation.

We need to create new organisation in our system, it is for a sister concern & a seperate legal entitly.

Would purchasing ofAdditional license be required for that ?

thanks

3 REPLIES 3

The only licensing requirements you will need are for the end users. PDMLink / WC is licensed on a per named user basis, so every new user in the system would require new user licenses and a corresponding database license (ORACLE, SQL, etc)

I don’t know how your Licence agreement is worded, but if this sister company is a separate legal entity then you might need an update to your license agreement to be sure it includes mention of the separate legal entity or the parent company of both. Really you need to review your current license and possibly talk with someone in PTC sales on this to be sure.

Assuming you have enough licenses for all the named users it should (don’t take my word for this) be just a paperwork exercise to amend your existing agreement to keep things legal. One thing to note is that if you are creating the users at the Org then you might end up doubling up on some users who need to be setup in both, I am not sure what that means from a licencing perspective.

Windchill licensing is always a “special treat” to deal with. In my experience it always starts out simple then quickly gets complicated and painful. A lot like going to the dentist for a filling and finding out you need a root canal and crown.

In Reply to vinit kumar:

We need to create new organisation in our system, it is for a sister concern & a seperate legal entitly.

Would purchasing ofAdditional license be required for that ?

thanks

-----

Lewis

Thank you guys for ur replies.

Top Tags