cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Alias Attribute Mapping for a WTPart to Display WTDocument Number with Reference Link

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

Alias Attribute Mapping for a WTPart to Display WTDocument Number with Reference Link

Hello,
I've been searching around trying to figure out the syntax for alias attribute on a WTPart.  It should display the Number of the WTDocument that is associated using "References Documents" association.

I have seen a similar article here:  https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS106471.  However, this is the opposite direction.

Specifically, I would like this to only pertain to my soft type WTDocument ... not all of the WTDocuments that are associated with Reference link.  Screenshot shown below to help describe the situation.

desired resultdesired result

5 REPLIES 5

I dont think that is possible because the link is on WTDocumentMaster ( CS131357 )

referencedBy@wt.part.WTPartReferenceLink~references^wt.doc.WTDocumentMaster~number

But you can try to replace by your sub type

Correct.  The mapping doesn't work to restrict down to particular soft type of WTDocument.

referencedBy@wt.part.WTPartReferenceLink~references^wt.doc.WTDocumentMaster~number

Does anyone know if it is possible to create alias attribute on WTPart that displays Number for particular soft type of WTDocument associated as "reference" ... not "described by"?

Do I possibly need to use a configurable link to achieve this requirement?  Or will that still not work?

Since the WTPartReferenceLink is a WTDocument Master relation it is not possible to configure this like this.
But you could either introduce a calculated attribute or as you already proposed you can use a dedicated configurable link to be navigated.

Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:OliverDroop)

@BenPerry try by creating a subtype of the WTPartRefLink , the new sybtype should reference only  your give doc subtype 

Fadel_0-1701420366423.png

we can then use the new soft type link in mapping , didn't test this but theoretically should work  .

Fede
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:OliverDroop)

@BenPerry I got it working with OOTB referncelink , used below mapping  

referencedBy@wt.part.WTPartReferenceLink~references^wt.doc.WTDocumentMaster~masterReference@com.ptc.myRefDoc~number

a part is having 2 ref doc one is OOTB Type and the other is my soft type 

Fadel_0-1701436914238.png

on the info page of part only the softtype is  shown :

Fadel_1-1701436975299.png

Fadel_2-1701437027558.png

The hook here is that the ref doc is having multiple iterations , the alias will show a value to each one :

Fadel_4-1701437232128.png

Fadel_3-1701437191632.png

BR,

Fadel

Fede
Top Tags