cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Alias Attribute Mapping

GregOlson
15-Moonstone

Alias Attribute Mapping

I have been researching the ability to populate a WTpart with all sorts of attributes and then link documents to that WT using a described by link.  The end goal is to have these attributes show in many WTdocs without having to retype enteries (example: serial number, description, sales order, etc)  I can get the Help example: "describedBy@wt.part.WTPartDescribeLink~describes^wt.part.WTPart~name" to work perfectly....but when I try other attributes, like ones I have created, it will not fetch the information and display in the wtdoc.  What an I doing wrong?  I reached out to Tech Support on Monday, still waiting to hear anything from them. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:LoriSood)

Lori,

Yes everything is working now...the mistake i was making was using the parent WTpart and not the name of the sub-type.  Once I inserted the sub-type name in the mapping field it worked perfectly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:GregOlson)

Hi Greg,

Did you get this working?

Are you using the internal name of the attribute defined on the WTPart? What kinds of attributes are you using from the Part (e.g., IBAs, modeled attributes, calculated attributes, etc.)

I often refer to the Logical Attribute Report to determine which attributes I can work with (http://<SERVER_NAME>/Windchill/netmarkets/jsp/lwcType/logicalAttributeReport.jsp)

Are you defining the alias attribute using the correct data type?

GregOlson
15-Moonstone
(To:LoriSood)

Lori,

Yes everything is working now...the mistake i was making was using the parent WTpart and not the name of the sub-type.  Once I inserted the sub-type name in the mapping field it worked perfectly.

Dobrisa
13-Aquamarine
(To:GregOlson)

Hi Greg,

I'm running into this issue now and am struggling a little bit with where exactly to insert the sub-type name to make the mapping work. 

I created a subtype of a Change Notice and also of a Change Request. I have 2 attributes in the Change Request Subtype that I'm trying to alias from within my ChangeNotice SubType. 

If I do this at the CN and CR levels, this mapping works:

theChangeOrder2@wt.change2.AddressedBy2~theChangeRequest2^wt.change2.WTChangeRequest2~attributeNameGoesHere

Where in that mapping line would I insert the subtype names for my CR and CNs? 

Thanks!

Dobi

Hi @Dobrisa 

I know I'm late to respond but this might help someone, like me.

You would be creating the Alias attribute in the Change Notice SubType so it's not need to mention in the mapping rule.

But you have to mention the Sub Type's Internal Name(ptc.mySubType) like below:

theChangeOrder2@wt.change2.AddressedBy2~theChangeRequest2^ptc.mySubType~attributeNameGoesHere

Top Tags