cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Alias Attribute to show attachment of Change Task on Change notice

uharneit
14-Alexandrite

Alias Attribute to show attachment of Change Task on Change notice

How can I display the attachment(s) which are on the change task(s) on the change notice the change tasks belong to ?

Or how can i get the attachments of a change tasks ?

9 REPLIES 9

Adding/removing of Attachments is supported directly in the Change Task. 

You won't see that table in the Change Notice wizard, but will be seen on the Change Task information pages and can be edited from the Change Task edit actions.

uharneit
14-Alexandrite
(To:JeffZemsky)

Thanks, I managed to get the names of the change task attachments displayed but that was not enough for customer

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:uharneit)

Ok, how did you do it and what was the result? I see shortly after this posting a PTC article was created with this very topic:

How to make attachments on the Change Task´s show up on the Associated Change Notice in Windchill PDMLink 

However, this gives what appears to be an incomplete mapping nor does it show how the output looks:

Something appears missing. File attachments have multiple attributes and can be numerous. You can also have multiple change tasks each with their own attachments. Will it show were that attachment was from?

d_graham
17-Peridot

@uharneit 

What is “enough for the customer”?

I'm guessing they want a link that allows them to open/download the attachment rather than just seeing text that displays a file name. I say this because this is what I would want.

If I have that right, there are two ways (that I know of) to do this.

I'll wait to hear back before elaborating.

David

uharneit
14-Alexandrite
(To:d_graham)

According to the case, the customer would have liked a better solution than I provided but wanted to work internally on this . 

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

The only want I see this truly working is to create a custom table that collects all attachments and displays then in a single table like the attachments table does now.  You would need to add a column or two to show where file came from (CN or CA).

I got it working using a “Calculated” attribute that displays the CA number, Attachment filename and a link to open the attachment.

A listener could also be used to update a URL attribute on the CN which displays the CA number and Attachment filename as the link text while the link points to the attachment.

I’m sure there are more ways to do this. There always are.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:d_graham)

Can you send screen shots or text on calculated attribute definition?

@avillanueva ,

Formula: execute("ext.change.CalculateChangeOrdersChangeActivitysAttachments")

Data Type: java.lang.String

Create Hyperlink: Yes

I left all other fields empty except Internal Name and Display Name.

Note: You probably know this but I'll mention it anyway, "Calculated" attributes do NOT use Reusable Attributes.

d_graham_13-1662562240173.png

Top Tags