cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Allow access to Windchill 10.1 for users on another domain?

sconrad
1-Newbie

Allow access to Windchill 10.1 for users on another domain?

Can anyone tell me how difficult is it to allow access to Windchill 10.1 for users on another domain?

We now have a parent company with users on other domains that we need to allow access to Windchill.

We are on a global network, and we have multiple domains for our different companies. Our ADs are on different domains for each company so I am unable to add users from other domains that need access.

Our current users can access windchill from any of the domains, but I cannot add users from the other domains. I can however add users from the other domains into security groups in our current AD, but I cannot add them as users to windchill.

Is it possible to give access ti users from another domain?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ddemay
1-Newbie
(To:sconrad)

Sean,

You will need to map this using Info*Engine admin page via adding a new adapter to the other directory repositories. If they have been merged, you can still do this by specifying the distinguished name path. You need to review help center but all the JNDI administrator's guide if still published/revised in latest release, but if not revised, you should be able to still access it and handle the mapping of attributes as well as telling Windchill where or what are the users.

Keep in mind though, this is only the server end for MethodServer, not Tomcat, Apache, IIS, Nginx ,etc.

You may also consider weighing pros and cons of subset replication and synchronization between the two branches of the directories or domains (if MS AD DC/FS).

Good luck,

David

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ddemay
1-Newbie
(To:sconrad)

Sean,

You will need to map this using Info*Engine admin page via adding a new adapter to the other directory repositories. If they have been merged, you can still do this by specifying the distinguished name path. You need to review help center but all the JNDI administrator's guide if still published/revised in latest release, but if not revised, you should be able to still access it and handle the mapping of attributes as well as telling Windchill where or what are the users.

Keep in mind though, this is only the server end for MethodServer, not Tomcat, Apache, IIS, Nginx ,etc.

You may also consider weighing pros and cons of subset replication and synchronization between the two branches of the directories or domains (if MS AD DC/FS).

Good luck,

David

ChrisSpartz
12-Amethyst
(To:ddemay)

Sean,

Take a look at CS29454 for instructions on creating the new JNDI adapter, as suggested by David.

sconrad
1-Newbie
(To:ddemay)

Thanks I will look at that.

Top Tags