cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Allow custom role to manage templates

TamasBiro
11-Garnet

Allow custom role to manage templates

Hi,

Is there a possibility to enable the "Template" section under a product for a non-administrator user with a specific role, so that he can create/show/hide (Document, CAD Documents Life Cycle etc.) Templates.

Thank you,

Tamás

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:TamasBiro)

Hi Tamas,

Only context managers (product/library/project managers)/orgadmins/site admins can see the tab OOTB.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi there,

Probably not. The only setting I can find anywhere related to Templates access is in Profiles, where it has the option "View Templates page on Organization tab". Even on a dummy account that I temporarily gave Full Control All on a particular type of Template, the menu didn't show up. It looks like that Profile setting combined with being at minimum an Organization Administrator is what is required; nobody gets access to the Organization tab with all those utility menus without being an Org or Site Admin.

Daryl

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II
(To:TamasBiro)

Hi Tamas,

Only context managers (product/library/project managers)/orgadmins/site admins can see the tab OOTB.

doehr
1-Newbie
(To:LoriSood)

So THAT's where the coding is through the server? Even when no other access of any kind whatsoever is given to that context role in the Policy Administrator?

Wow. That is super subtle and not really necessary. I also see that putting someone who otherwise doesn't have admin access in that role shows Information Structure, Publication Structures, and Utilities. So plopping someone into that role to get them access to Templates also gives them access to over a dozen fundamental system administration functions that they likely should never, ever have access to.

This isn't a good way to set up the system.

Top Tags