cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Am finding it impossibe to either download or check out a drawing....

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Am finding it impossibe to either download or check out a drawing....

....that references one of our larger assembly models (though small compared to a lot of companies). It flat will not do anything. Trying to check it out just left the machine hanging, with no files ever actually pulled down. Than I tried adding it to a workspace, thinking I'd check it out once it was in, no luck either.

Any Ideas?

I want my intralink back........

5 REPLIES 5

Put in a call, so far nothing. Probably going to have to completely wipe out my cache's and start over, if not redo my account.

Now i REALLY want my Intralink back.....

Hey Frank,

I feel your pain. I have constant calls from users saying, "My Windchill is just sitting there spinning", or "I can't get this 5000 part assembly to add to my workspace." I think it is totally ridiculous. Why can't they make it just WORK! There are so many other buggy issues related to things like IE version, java cache and version, local workspace corruption, and flat out crashes due to who knows what. Just wanted you to know your not alone. By the way we have just updated to WIndchill 10.1 M020 in December. Hope you get some answers. Tech support is no help when it comes to these kinds of issues. Their canned answer is "Oh, that will be fixed in the next version." Yeah right!

Buddy

I'm with ya. I used PDMLink for years, then Intralink, and now Windburn. Of them all, Intralink was by far the most robust, user-friendly, capable, stable, and safe when it came to actually NOT losing your data. When they said it was "web-based" I couldn't believe anyone would do something that stupid. For one thing, you could always get into Intralink remotely anyways, so that claim of nw being able to log into your vaulting system from elsewhere is garbage. And with doing it all thru the web, now, you're subject to all those script errors (we get a ton) and other garbage. I mean, didn't they learn anything when they were surfing the web, about how unstable that is in general, and now they run a vaulting system through it? SRSLY? We never had the issues with Intralink we do with Windchill. This is the worst vaulting system they've ever made, by far. I've worked 3 different places that implemented it and it's universally hated by everyone, especially th admins. Gah!

At least they don't have a ribbon interface........

We get freeze-up problems sometimes too, although not as much as we used to, it seems. We use Family Tables a lot because almost everything we make comes in multiple sizes. Intralink 3.4 seemed to handle the Family Tables just fine, but Windchill 10.0 seems to sometimes get confused. Our guys constantly need to re-verify entire Family Tables, even if they're just adding a new instance and not touching the generic or any other instance. And those large Family Tables and assemblies we created back in Pro/I are really biting us in the rear end now...

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:Bob1)

I've seen that too. Plus, especially in fastener tables where you might have a couple hundred instances per table, it pulls ALL the instances into your Workspace, which some users totally hate, and pretty much refuse to use family table parts because of it.

Top Tags