cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

An advanced search returns unwanted objects

ptc-287028
4-Participant

An advanced search returns unwanted objects

When I conduct an advanced search in Windchill, some objects end up in the search results list which I would prefer not to have there.  The objects appear in the list despite the fact that they are earlier Versions of the object.  I am trying to find out if there is a criteria to select that would exclude those objects altogether if later versions (not matching the criteria) are found.   Please also see the attached images and further explanation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You can attach images in the post. Safer than asking folks to download a potential infected word document. I would have expected that document not to be returned also in that query. Have you tried specifying the state as well. You can say either must be Released or NOT Obsolete. See if that removes it. Also, your search preferences can be set to latest version search so specifying latest revision should not be necessary.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

You can attach images in the post. Safer than asking folks to download a potential infected word document. I would have expected that document not to be returned also in that query. Have you tried specifying the state as well. You can say either must be Released or NOT Obsolete. See if that removes it. Also, your search preferences can be set to latest version search so specifying latest revision should not be necessary.

Top Tags