cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Annoyance with linked sessions of WF4 and Pro/INTRALINK 3.4 M061

gleonard
1-Newbie

Annoyance with linked sessions of WF4 and Pro/INTRALINK 3.4 M061

The issue below was originally corrected in WF2 M080 (TAN 132233), but has evidently resurfaced in WF4. PTC Tech Support will not file an SPR since they're claiming it was originally reported in Pro/INTRALINK, and we are not on Extended Support. I argued that this was a Pro/ENGINEER fix, not a Pro/INTRALINK one, but they don't see it that way unfortunately.

Upon retrieving certain models from workspace, the error message appears: "Attribute <parameter> cannot be propagated to <model>. Modifications made to this attribute in the PDM system will be ignored". This happens, if the parameter is layout driven (i.e. the parameter is not from the model itself, but from a layout that is declared to the model), the parameter is designated in the model, and an Intralink attribute with the same name is defined.)

Not much more to it than having to acknowledge this dialog with an OK, but still, I foresee this raising continual support questions among our users here anyway.

G.
--
George Leonard,
Space Systems/Loral
T:650-852-5215
F:650-852-7170

4 REPLIES 4

Hi George

I've seen a similar message in Intralink 9.0. We're also using WF4.
I've only seen it about 4 times in the last 6 months, next time I see it
I will log a call with tech support.

Regards

Sarah Ford
CAD Designer/Administrator
Tel. 01202 627200 Ext. 236
www.westwind-airbearings.com

Hi Sarah,

That would be great. I think it'd be worthwhile to get this addressed for everyone going forward. It even occurs in WF5. I can probably help you reproduce it if need be. Just need to have an example attribute name that you have previously defined in your Windchill implementation.

Thanks again,

G.
--
George Leonard,
Space Systems/Loral

Hi Sarah and George.

We have the same conflicts since we switched to WF4 - but we are still on
Intralink 3.4 M030.

Rainer

--

Rainer Harter

Systemadministration / IT-Sicherheit

Fraunhofer-Institut Physikalische Messtechnik IPM

Heidenhofstr.8, 79110 Freiburg, germany

Welp, I thought I had this problem figured out two years ago, but as it turns out I was wrong. We've been suffering with this annoying dialog ever since we went to WF4. WF3 does not have this issue. The attached dialog box appears on retrieval for many of our objects. Does anyone have ideas on how we can eliminate this once and for all? Pretty sure this also occurs in Windchill environments.

Top Tags