cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Another Life Cycle Question:

krichardson
1-Newbie

Another Life Cycle Question:

Can anyone explain to me purpose of the Phase Process: ‘Submit’ and the Gate Process: ‘Review’ workflows when going from the initial phase to under review? This is the OTB setup for the Default Life Cycle. I now have a custom Workflow for my promotion of drawings from Design to Released and all the required Submit, Review, Approval stuff is in that workflow. So I am thinking the Life Cycle workflows are redundant and I can take them out. In my production Windchill V8.0 I just delete the first ‘Submit’ workflow created. Otherwise I go through this endless loop of submit, review, approve, observe etc for each wtObject in the promotion. ?? Any feedback? Thanks, Kathy Windchill PDMLink V9.1 ‘In Test’; Windchill PDMLink V8.0 ‘In Production’
2 REPLIES 2

Hi Kathy, Yes, you can go to the life cycle template used by the Problem Report and a) click on the first state b) open the Workflow tab, and c) remove the Submit and Review workflows. Repeat for the other States within the lifecycle to be sure the rest are removed as well. Hope this helps. You may notice that these are also OOB for the other lifecycle templates, too, and likewise can be removed if not needed.

Thanks Nancy, For all the new stuff I get to create in Windchill 9.1 that is what I plan to do. Delete all the submits and review workflows from the lifecycle template. I cannot see any value added for the process and I was trying to see if I was missing somthing. Right now, in Windchill 8.0, after the promotion approval is finished and the fraiengs are set to release, I just go in an delete the initial submit workflows and all the rest go away. Problem solved. Kathy
Top Tags