cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Any Intralink 8, 9, 9.1 out there?

gkemner
1-Newbie

Any Intralink 8, 9, 9.1 out there?

I have a question about licenses. Do you have a line item "Oracle for Intralink" in your license pack? I don't have that in mine but tech support is telling me that I should. Apparently I need to have that in order to have access to the Oracle software updates on the PTC Software Download page. Since Intralink comes bundled with Oracle with would seem that every Intralink customer should automatically have the "Oracle for Intralink" line item.
1 REPLY 1
rpassolt
5-Regular Member
(To:gkemner)

Greg,

Older INTRALINK licenseshad Oracle bundledso if you own these you would not have that line item. Newer INTRALINK licenses did not include bundled Oracle so these would require that line item. This is part number driven. I can try and figure out those part numbers if I can dig up an old enough list.

The Oracle bundled INTRALINK license were more expensive than the non-bundled. PTC went to the non-bundled because bigger customers already owned Oracle lincenses and didnt want to pay twice.

I'll let you know what I find.

Thanks!

Rick Passolt

Fishbowl Solutions

Top Tags