cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Any purge experts out there?

RonGrabau
7-Bedrock

Any purge experts out there?

I searched the forum and did not find what I was looking for so I am hoping that there is someone that can help me.

I need to purge some older family tables in PDMLink 9.1. This was a pretty easy task in Intralink but now I am struggling with this one.

The problem is that I have instances and the generics all at different revisions. Not all the instances are used and only the ones used were tracked with revisions. I have iterations of other instances but overall I just want to purge out all the family table information and leave only the generic models.

I have created a new generic for every instance in the family table so that is not an issue. I only want to keep 1 iteration but I keep getting errors. PTC tells me that I cannot purge all iterations of a revision hence my issue. I cannot use delete like I did in Intralink either.

Basically between the limitations of purge and delete, I cannot remove these old family tables.

Has anyone been successful at this?

Thanks for the help.

Ronald B. Grabau
ME Applications Engineer
HP - Houston

1 REPLY 1

Why do you need to purge them?
Top Tags