cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Any way to keep a template/start part library synced to client workspace automatically?

yevans
4-Participant

Any way to keep a template/start part library synced to client workspace automatically?

We have a library to store all cad standard parts like formats, templates, symbols, etc. We have some users who work offline while traveling. I discovered that if they create a workspace, add all the files from that library to it, and go offline, they still get the right start parts from the options template_solidpart, template_designasm, template_drawing, etc (even though those options are defined as commonspace library files - it must know they are in a local workspace somehow).

BUT, they don't still see the files if options like pro_symbol_dir, pro_format_dir, etc. are pointing to commonspace libraries. They would still see what they would see online if those options were pointing to their local workspace (they would all point to the same workspace if you synced all the templates, formats, symbols, etc to that one workspace).

So I have two questions:

1) Is there a way, to make the offline users' life easier, to make Creo know the formats and symbols and such are available in a local workspace, even though the template_* options are defined to point to commonspace libraries?

2) Is there a way to automatically keep the workspace in sync with the commonspace library without them having to manually perform an update? Especially if a NEW file is added to the commonspace library and they aren't aware of it. They would have to manually go add any new files to their workspace. I would love it if you could set it up so ALL files, including new ones the user is not aware of, are auto-synced to a local workspace so they are available offline.

Thanks!
Yale Evans

0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags