cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Anyone have any experiance with PSM or dynatrace?

tgudobba
14-Alexandrite

Anyone have any experiance with PSM or dynatrace?

We have it installed & monitoring, and we've changed the dashboard & even sent some reports via email, but we feel it can do a whole lot more. The documentation shows how to install it, but is a little light on using it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes, Tim. It is a great product. I can say from our experience, we narrowed down some of key performance issues in our implementations with the help of PSM.

Basically we can use PSM for

1. Proactive Monitoring - Monitoring dashboards are really useful System Health, JVM, Cache Status. We do have a dashboard up in a monitor to watch our production environment.

2. SLA Management - We can setup measure, threshold on response times. This is very useful if you have SLA with your business. Common End User Operation dashboard is quite useful for checkout, checkin,create move,copy etc response time monitoring and it will report out SLA violations.

3.Diagnostic Aspect - This is the killer - We can drill down from the user action to code execution to db queries through all the server layers. Purepath drill down is very useful. If you have UEM, you can drill down from desktop browser to network to webserver to MS to db.

4. Incident Management - PSM has ITIL ready incident management capabilities, but I have not used it so can't speak to it.

You can browse through http://ptc.com/go/psm for more details. Also you can have a look in to our UEM demo video here

A screenshot from our PSM Dashboard

psmimage.jpg

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller International

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yes, Tim. It is a great product. I can say from our experience, we narrowed down some of key performance issues in our implementations with the help of PSM.

Basically we can use PSM for

1. Proactive Monitoring - Monitoring dashboards are really useful System Health, JVM, Cache Status. We do have a dashboard up in a monitor to watch our production environment.

2. SLA Management - We can setup measure, threshold on response times. This is very useful if you have SLA with your business. Common End User Operation dashboard is quite useful for checkout, checkin,create move,copy etc response time monitoring and it will report out SLA violations.

3.Diagnostic Aspect - This is the killer - We can drill down from the user action to code execution to db queries through all the server layers. Purepath drill down is very useful. If you have UEM, you can drill down from desktop browser to network to webserver to MS to db.

4. Incident Management - PSM has ITIL ready incident management capabilities, but I have not used it so can't speak to it.

You can browse through http://ptc.com/go/psm for more details. Also you can have a look in to our UEM demo video here

A screenshot from our PSM Dashboard

psmimage.jpg

Thanks

Binesh Kumar

Barry Wehmiller International

Hi Binesh,

I have also found interesting bottlenecks with help of PSM.

What about the price for UEM? I couldn't find it but like to extend the PSM with this functionallity.

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

UEM is separately licensed module that works as an add-in on top of PSM. It is licensed on "per-visit" basis. dynaTrace terms a visit as a 30 minutes non-idle user session. You can buy packages from dynaTrace, say for eg. 1 million visits and the visits will get consumed as and when the user visits. You can turn off, remove UEM from PSM very easily giving you the flexibility to use UEM only during performance base-lining.

Thanks

Binesh

Top Tags