cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Anyone using JD Edwards EnterpriseOne with Windchill

swood
6-Contributor

Anyone using JD Edwards EnterpriseOne with Windchill

I have some questions that are specific about Windchill integration into JDE. More specifically pushing additional information into JDE, such as PTC_MATERIAL.

Short history: My company has been using Windchill now for about 8 years. Our parent company is now pushing out their own Windchill implementation that is directly tied into JDE, was initially deployed with non-fabricated items in mind, and has only been used up to this point by business units that only sell to other business units. All of this has some what tied our hands, and I have no direct contacts that I can get information from on what is/isn't possible in JDE. My impression is our JDE people don't want to change, so our Windchill people are trying to work around it. Also, HQ is in France, so there is a language barrier that complicates things.

Anyone with some knowledge on this, I would love to pick your brain a little. I'm not sure how many companies are using JDE and Windchill, but since both are common softwares, I'm hoping to find someone.

A few questions I already know I need answered:

1. Are there limits to what parameters JDE can receive from WC?
  2. Can field lengths JDE be modified? (told 30 characters is max field length)
  3. Being told we can only Promote drawings as promoting models will break link between either Model/WTParts or WTParts/JDE. I have yet to understand which they are referring to. They said it was related to the fact that JDE info can be updated without CAD/Windchill info being updated. I think.

Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
rkayasth
6-Contributor
(To:swood)

What adapter you used to integrate with JDE?

clane
5-Regular Member
(To:swood)

swood, Did you ever get resolution to these questions?  We have plans to integrate JDE and Windchill in the future, so any help would be appreciated.

Top Tags