cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Approved promotion is treated as Rejected if the promotion initiator is a disconnected principal

gchampoux
1-Newbie

Approved promotion is treated as Rejected if the promotion initiator is a disconnected principal

We recently terminated a bunch of summer interns and discoverred something unusual.
After a promotion was initiated by one of these interns, the intern's user account was deleted from Windows Active Directory after termination. This leaves the intern as a disconnected principal in Windchill.
Later, when the promotion was approved, the behavior was as if "Reject" had been selected.
The promotion indicates that it was rejected (instead of approved) and the CAD Documents have reverted back to their original State (In Work).

Anyone else seen this behavior?

Windchill Intralink 9.1 M060

Gerry Champoux
Williams International
Walled Lake, MI

3 REPLIES 3

No, but somewhat makes sense since an exception would have been thrown.

Thanks to all that replied.
I ended up submitting this to PTC.
The good news is that this was a known bug, and has already been fixed in 10.1.
Unfortunately, PTC says that 9.1 is no longer under general support, and if I want this fixed, I have to pay for it.
I think I'll wait until I upgrade.

Gerry Champoux
Williams International
Walled Lake, MI

In Reply to Gerry Champoux:

We recently terminated a bunch of summer interns and discoverred something unusual.
After a promotion was initiated by one of these interns, the intern's user account was deleted from Windows Active Directory after termination. This leaves the intern as a disconnected principal in Windchill.
Later, when the promotion was approved, the behavior was as if "Reject" had been selected.
The promotion indicates that it was rejected (instead of approved) and the CAD Documents have reverted back to their original State (In Work).

Anyone else seen this behavior?

Windchill Intralink 9.1 M060

This is one of the reason we don't delete user accounts. I just rename the with the suffix (dau) and change the account password. For traceability, we can always see who signed off a release promotion, even if that person is no longer with the company.

Top Tags