cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

As Stored vs the Latest Promotion Request

dlaskavyi
3-Visitor

As Stored vs the Latest Promotion Request

Hi there!

Consider the following scenario: we have a Drawing at version 0.0 and an Assembly at version 0.2. 

When you create a promotion request for a drawing, a new representation of it is automatically created with using default property of EPM configuration specifications, usually it's either As Stored or Latest.

So let's see pros and cons, which I noticed:

If we select the "As Stored" option, we are faced with the problem that the drawing is no longer up-to-date because it uses previous iterations of the parts and assemblies, as well as their life cycle state, etc.

In case of using the “latest”, if some part of the assembly has been changed, the assembly may be regenerated with errors and as a result the drawing will not be published.

So, this left me perplexed, which option is the best?

Does someone have any experience of using these different properties, their other pros and cons?

Or maybe you know how to handle with both of these situations?

Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
HelesicPetr
22-Sapphire I
(To:dlaskavyi)

Hi @dlaskavyi 

The as stored configuration is Ok and I always recommend to use it, but the Designer has to update the Drawing every time the assembly is changed. 

This is methodology thing.

It is really very important to do so if you want to use as stored config.

Also you can create a control mechanism in the workflow to control if the drawing is updated with the latest assembly iteration. 

Yes the latest configuration is very nice to have everything up to date but it is hardware consuming option. If one bolt is changed and is used in 1 000 assemblies, all would be republished. 

PetrH

Hi!
Thanks for your answer!

Maybe there are some OOTB Business Rules, that can help with that in the workflow?

Top Tags