cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Assign Lifecycle according to Product

RavinKayasth
1-Newbie

Assign Lifecycle according to Product

Hi Gurus'

I have 3 products viz: (1) HYDRAULIC TANK (2)CYLINDER (3) CRANE.
I have 3 Part LCs for each of them. But I am not able to create the parts in the folder which I am setting thru the OIR to the above.

Here is my "Set folder" e.g. OIR:
<attributevalues objtype="wt.part.WTPart">

<attrvalue id="folder.id" algorithm="com.ptc.core.foundation.folder.server.impl.FolderPathAttributeAlgorithm">
<arg>/HYDRAULIC TANK/Default</arg>
</attrvalue>

Any help?

Thanks & Regards
Ravin Kayasth
Project Lead
Wipro Technologies,Bangalore
' (91 80) 4135-2036
* Ravin.Kayasth@wipro.com

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com
4 REPLIES 4

Are you applying an OIR at each context respectfully? OR Trying to force all products to load intothe "HYDRAULIC/Default"folder regardless of Product context from which the part creation was initiated?

Without more details, It appears that you need to apply the OIR against each Product context and have the folder set to "Default" (which the part probably inherits from an OIR atthe ORG or SITE context), but the OIR will differ for just the lifecycle between product contexts. Give that a shot (assuming I understand your intent).

In Reply to Ravin Kayasth:
Hi Gurus'

I have 3 products viz: (1) HYDRAULIC TANK (2)CYLINDER (3) CRANE.
I have 3 Part LCs for each of them. But I am not able to create the parts in the folder which I am setting thru the OIR to the above.

Here is my "Set folder" e.g. OIR:
<attributevalues objtype="wt.part.WTPart">

<attrvalue id="folder.id" algorithm="com.ptc.core.foundation.folder.server.impl.FolderPathAttributeAlgorithm">
<arg>/HYDRAULIC TANK/Default</arg>
</attrvalue>

Any help?

Thanks & Regards
Ravin Kayasth
Project Lead
' (91 80) 4135-2036

Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary.

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.

WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

www.wipro.com

Hi Ravin,

Parts get always created at the top Level of the Product, right?

If you try to create a part manually you will see that a radio button is
active for the location. But it is active always to the default
location and not to the one specified within the OIR!

If you find how to switch the radio button default location, let me
know, since I got the same problem!

Regards, Chris

Hi Pat,

I know that answer, but what I am trying at is:
I have two part softtypes: Part1 & Part2, I want to create parts of Softtype Part1 in "./ HYDRAULIC" ONLY, and the as for the other softtype Part2, I want them created in the "CYLINDER" folder ONLY, that way I am locking the user to that Part softtype and that folder only.

Becoz, what I perceived was, if I give "<arg>/HYDRAULIC TANK/Default</arg>" as the folder location, it would create parts under "/HYDRAULIC TANK" 's root folder, which is what I want.

Thanks & Regards
Ravin Kayasth
Project Lead
' (91 80) 4135-2036

Why don't you have different libraries for the different part types.
You can only put OIRs on a specific Object Type per context/container.
That's the limitation of the tool.

Top Tags