cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Assign participant to a role

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Assign participant to a role

I am adding some sign-off actions to our change request workflow. I have created some new roles from the Organization roles menu item. That was easy. Now I need to assign users or groups from the LDAP to those roles. I looked on the team template page, but the new role does not show up with the site roles. How do I get to the role to add part5icipants to it?

Secondly, I need to add the role to the participants tab of the workfloe action item. Again, my added role does not show up in the list of roles? I now I can use an LDAP group or individual name(s) in that tab, but I would prefer using the role as that is the intent of what the Windchill developers thought should be used, I think. How do I get the role to show up in the list of roles on the particpants tab so I can select it?

4 REPLIES 4
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:BenLoosli)

I was able to get the role added to the product team and then assign a participant to the role.

Still having problems with using the role in a workflow participant role .

BenPerry
13-Aquamarine

BenLoosli‌,

I'm not sure why PTC has 2 different ways to do this. But they do. The method you used doesn't expose the role to the Workflow Administrator. Here is one case that might help you: CS120910‌. You can find more by searching the KB for "rolerb.rbinfo" or something similar.

But in general, you need to customize roleRB.rbinfo. We have done this. I can provide more details for how we accomplished it, if you wish.

You need to use enumcustomize to create a roles that are avaiable in a workflow.

1. Start  Windchill shell

2. type enumcustomize

3. Open the roleRB file ( <WT_HOME>\codebase\wt\project\RoleRB.RB.ser)

4. Add new Roles ( Set the attributes as needed - Display name, Key, Description)

don't forget to check the Selectable chekbox for each role

5. Save (new file roleRB.rbinfo will be created under <WT_HOME>\wt_custom\Mod folder)

6. from windchill shell run following ant

ant -f codebase/MakeJar.xml

7. Stop Windchill (clear the cache[<wt_home>\tomcat\instances, <wt_home>\tasks\codebase\com, <wt_home>\temp])

8. Start Windchill

Then the roles will be avaiable in workflow administration

I houpe it will help

Best regardds

PetrH.

LoriSood
22-Sapphire II

Hi Ben, Did Ben or Petr's posts answer your question? I believe that adding the roles to the RoleRB.rbInfo should get you what you are looking for, but would prefer for you to confirm before marking this thread as answered.

Thanks!

Top Tags