cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Associate Documents in ProjectLink to PDMLink WTParts

Lohbauer
1-Newbie

Associate Documents in ProjectLink to PDMLink WTParts

Good Afternoon All,

This is a question I think I know the answer to but want smarter folks than I to confirm. I have WTParts a-plenty in my PDMLink. I can associate non-CAD documents in PDMLink to other PDMLink CAD Parts fine. But there are documents that reside in our ProjectLink I would like to associate to our PDMLink Parts. I couldn't see a way to do it.

Is there a way to associate documents in Projectlink to CAD related Parts in PDMLink?

FYI - We migrated from IntraLink 3.4 to WC 9.1m062 last November. We did not create WTParts during the migration, a fairly common practice I'm finding. We are in the process of creating them now and want to be able toassociate documents in RojectLink to our new Parts in PDMLink.

Thanks and Happy Friday,

Bob Lohbauer

3 REPLIES 3
MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:Lohbauer)

Is there a way to associate documents in Projectlink to CAD related Parts in PDMLink?
Nope... (and once you get a bit deeper in, will agree that you don't want to do so).
Can have the Doc in PDMLink associated to a Part, then share to a Project.
cc-2
6-Contributor
(To:Lohbauer)

Hi Mike

I agree with you, it is better so....

The WTdocument must be checked into PDM first before it can be associated to a WTpart.

Or you create the WTdoc and the WTpart in PJL......

Happy Monday,

Thanks to Mike Lockwood and NacNac_Mott,

The answer to the question of whether docs in ProjectLink can be associated to CAD-related WTParts in PDMLink is NO. The reasoning is sound if not inconvenient to me for the moment.

The bestsolution to thisis to send the document into PDMLink, make the associations then share back to ProjectLink.

Thanks again,

Top Tags