cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Associated Object Revision

ayap
6-Contributor

Associated Object Revision

I wanted to see how others are handling revision for associated objects in windchill. For example, for every PART, there are mainly 3 objects in windchill that define it. The WTPart, the CAD Model and the CAD Drawing. In my mind, we can sync the REV of all 3 objects or allow all 3 objects to REV independently. But requiring all 3 to REV in sync, it makes sense to me, but may add extra work if we are changing only 1 one of the object - for example a CAD Drawing only note change or a WTPart only change. Having all 3 REV independently would be a bit chaotic since if we derive the BOM from the WTPart and the graphics from the CAD Drawing, do we now have to ask someone, what is the BOM REV and what is the DRAWING REV and have a lookup table to match them up? What rev is used for the downstream applications like ERP? My preference is for all 3 objects to be in sync. Any pitfalls or gotchas by requiring this?
2 REPLIES 2
RobertWilkinson
6-Contributor
(To:ayap)

Hi Andrew,

I can't beleive there are no Replies to this important question!. I know you have answered it since.

What did you decide to do with the syncing of revs?

Did you use Auto association? Which type(s) there? Was the syncing applied from at Auto Association? Or changed later?

I see you are going to present at Nashville !

Please include some information on the associations and their later change/maintnance.

The PLM Connector? Does it help keeping the companies' data straight? Get you to a common data set? Still separated with regular 'imaging' ? Any automation tips?

Oh and most important:

The PTC website has you as CUST238 ---with no time slot !

When are you presenting?!?

Thanks Andrew

See you in Nashville

Robert Wilkinson

GA-EMS

ayap
6-Contributor
(To:RobertWilkinson)

Robert,

wow! a reply to a question long time ago. Our site decided to keep the REV in sync as a good way to start so people will not be confused. I think it is just we need to mature in thinking of all the various objects that can make up the product definition.

I am co-presenting but I do not have a time slot yet. Will find out next month.

Andy

Top Tags