cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Attaching a selected Document sub type to a Part

aachanta
13-Aquamarine

Attaching a selected Document sub type to a Part

Hi All, I would like to know the solution for a scenario listed below. Please let me know what can be done to solve the same. Say for WTDocument there are 3 soft types like ADocument, BDocument and CDocument, and if I had to attach only BDocument to WTPart and not ADocument or CDocument. How would I be doing it ? In case if i try attaching ADocument or CDocument an error should pop up saying that only BDocument can be attached. How to customize the above solution ? Is it using events, listeners or form processor or by any other means ? Can anyone please let me know about the same. Thanks in advance. Best Regards, Aditya
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

There is no need to customize - configuring the Relationship constraint will give you this behavior.  Once you configure you will only be able to relate the defined subtypes and not other subtypes.  The UIs used while relating will only let you select Docs of the appropriate type.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Please check out Relationship Constraints.  They will allow you to configure which types of objects can be used in relationships.  For Part to Doc be sure to look at whether its a Describes or Reference relationship you want to configure.

Check out this section of help:  Relationship Constraints Tab

aachanta
13-Aquamarine
(To:JeffZemsky)

Hi Jeff, Thanks for the reply. I had gone through the link. But can we customize it in Windchill like for a WTPart only a selected document subtype can be attached and others should not be attached. So if there is any API or code regarding the same do request you to share the same. Thanks and Regards, Aditya

There is no need to customize - configuring the Relationship constraint will give you this behavior.  Once you configure you will only be able to relate the defined subtypes and not other subtypes.  The UIs used while relating will only let you select Docs of the appropriate type.

Top Tags