cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Attribute Constraint Conditions

tstacy
1-Newbie

Attribute Constraint Conditions

I'm trying to figure out how to add a condition on an attribute constraint. Here is the scenario I'm looking to solve.

I have 2 different Organizations in my Windchill 10.2 M010 environment, Org1 and Org2. I have different users in each organization and they cannot see the data of the other org. My Soft Type (MyDocType) is defined at Site level. It has an IBA called docCode, which has a Legal Value List constraint on it.

Here is my question: Can I put a condition on this IBA so that the users in Org1 see the list of values: A, B, C; and the users in Org2 see the list of values: D, E, F?

2 REPLIES 2
OliverDroop
12-Amethyst
(To:tstacy)

unfortunately this is still not possible but would be very helpful. but the organization context to activate the constraint should be taken from the object not from the user

In my case I have another use case where I would like to activate the constraint by a certain date. This might be to allow migrated data to keep their old values while enforcing the rules for new data.

Cleanup is not always possible and when it comes to mass change or import this gets really a nightmare since Business gets fully blocked to clean up old data

OliverDroop
12-Amethyst
(To:tstacy)

Unfortunately this is still not supported and support for main data types like wtpart and epmdoc was removed due to cascading attribute functionality.

Best Practice in this case would be to create a general type on site for attribute definition and creation of dedicated subtypes for each organization to define the constraints. By this setup you can at least standardize the OIRs, ACLs, LC, ERP Interface to the parent type.

Top Tags