cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community email notifications are disrupted. While we are working to resolve, please check on your favorite boards regularly to keep up with your conversations and new topics.

Auto Create CN is failing

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Auto Create CN is failing

When we process through the Change Request workflow, we come to a node that is for kicking off the Change Notice. When I go to complete this task step, I open the form, check the auto Create Change Notice and hit Complete Task. This is were the failure starts.

I get a pop-up window that says: The task cannot be displayed because you do not have permission to view the subject, Contact your project manager to increase your access rights.

If I look at the Method Server log, I see some error lines and some informational lines.

ERROR : com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.change2 <username> - createCganheNotice(): Message: Resource bundle/Message key = wt.rule.rileResource/282

ERROR : com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.change2 <username> - createCganheNotice(): unable to auto create CN/CA, rolling back transaction

later in the log is this line: Caused by: (wt.rule.rileResource/282) wt.util.WTException: Exception is generated due to value to long. See details below:

A Cabinet member must be assigned to a cabinet, not a subfolder.

OIR folder rule is to put the Change Notices in: default/change/change notice/2016

We use the same structure for change requests and promotion requests and they c go to the proper folder.

I am in all roles on the system and the system admin, so I can't see what permission I am missing.

Windchill 10.0 m040

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi Ben,

This looks to be similar to issue documented in solution https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS128068

Regards,

Bhushan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi Ben,

This looks to be similar to issue documented in solution https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS128068

Regards,

Bhushan

Top Tags