cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Auto Create CN is failing

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Auto Create CN is failing

When we process through the Change Request workflow, we come to a node that is for kicking off the Change Notice. When I go to complete this task step, I open the form, check the auto Create Change Notice and hit Complete Task. This is were the failure starts.

I get a pop-up window that says: The task cannot be displayed because you do not have permission to view the subject, Contact your project manager to increase your access rights.

If I look at the Method Server log, I see some error lines and some informational lines.

ERROR : com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.change2 <username> - createCganheNotice(): Message: Resource bundle/Message key = wt.rule.rileResource/282

ERROR : com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.change2 <username> - createCganheNotice(): unable to auto create CN/CA, rolling back transaction

later in the log is this line: Caused by: (wt.rule.rileResource/282) wt.util.WTException: Exception is generated due to value to long. See details below:

A Cabinet member must be assigned to a cabinet, not a subfolder.

OIR folder rule is to put the Change Notices in: default/change/change notice/2016

We use the same structure for change requests and promotion requests and they c go to the proper folder.

I am in all roles on the system and the system admin, so I can't see what permission I am missing.

Windchill 10.0 m040

Ben

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi Ben,

This looks to be similar to issue documented in solution https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS128068

Regards,

Bhushan

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
BhushanNehe
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

Hi Ben,

This looks to be similar to issue documented in solution https://support.ptc.com/appserver/cs/view/solution.jsp?n=CS128068

Regards,

Bhushan

Top Tags