cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are happy to announce the new Windchill Customization board! Learn more.

Auto number generation for CAD Document: Uploading Creo model on local disk to Windchill

ptc-4706008
1-Newbie

Auto number generation for CAD Document: Uploading Creo model on local disk to Windchill

I made changes to OIR file so that when user create new file in Creo & check in to Windchill it will create associate new number to CAD document.

Issue is: When user uploads existing CAD file from local disk to Windchill, number of EPM document will take name of the CAD document. I want number of CAD file should also be autonumberd. Please help me.

3 REPLIES 3

while connected to windchill, open the assembly/part in Creo and then "save as" it will be save with auto generated numbers and the names of the parts will be of you choice

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite
(To:ssahibzada)

We have experienced that when a user uses save as in Creo or Workspace, Windchill still assigns an auto generated Number (Windchill Number) to the new object no mater what is in the Filename (Pro/E Filename) field.

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite
(To:ptc-4706008)

Sujeet, you should file a ticket with PTC support and/or create an idea in the Windchill product.

Top Tags